The finest diamond of the French crown. Discovered in 1698 on the River Krisna in India, it was worn in varous headdresses by Louis XV, Louis XVI and Queen MarieAntoinette. It was also mounted on Napoleon Bonaparte’s pommel of his court sword when he was crowned emperor of the French in 1804. Later , Charles X’s wore it for his coronation in 1824. It is currently in Louvre, in the Apollo Gallery, where it is the most marvelous object among historic treasures. The stone weighs 140.50 cts.